|SLIGHTLY OLD NEWS: I recently launched my new podcast, Everything v Everything, where my friends and I try to rank everything in the world in order from best to worst! Check it out and subscribe over on the website!|
‘My name is Tay Raining, and this is my brother Ellstone. I wonder if you’ve heard of us … I have a birthmark shaped like a question mark on my hand, I think it might mean something but I’m not sure what. My brother is probably important too, though I can’t imagine how. I’m rambling now, sorry. The point is … the point is, we are the Rainings, and we’re here to save you.’
War is brewing in Kyland, as the shadowy, spell-weaving vumas rebel against the human government, but both sides have secret weapons at their disposal. The humans’ secret weapon: a plan that could be the undoing of the world. The vumas’ secret weapon: three young humans abandoned in the smog-shrouded town of Tarot – Tay, Ellstone and Miller Raining. The Rainings could be the key to winning the war, but first they’ll need to work out whose side they are really on…
Alex’s debut novel The War of Undoing is out now! Both the Kindle version and the print version are available from Amazon! (Those links should take you to your country’s version of Amazon if it has one – if not, try a search.) You can also get it from Smashwords, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, the iTunes store – and soon, even more retailers!
If you are not convinced, you can read or download the first section of the book for free, right here on this website! Here it is in various formats:
html / pdf / doc / mobi (Kindle) / epub (other e-readers)
- Find out more about my debut novel, and others that may be on the way, on the My Books page.
- Discover some of the other projects I’ve been involved with on the Other Projects page – most notable are my podcasts Everything v Everything and Rainy Day Adventure Club, my band Sonic Triangle, and my film-making friends Beyond Studios.
- Find out more about me, and feel vaguely disappointed, on the About Me page.
- Read my thoughts on everything from my creative process to losing weight and weird dreams I’ve had, on the Blog page.
- Read my thoughts on other people’s books, on the Books I’ve Read page.
- Visit strange, wonderful and enlightening places from the Links page.